Archives

"On the banks of the rivers of New York, there we sat and there we cried as we remembered zion..." - The thoughts and theories of a returned yeshiva student after the "year".

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY, Israel

Friday, August 18, 2006

Post-Yeshiva Analysis

Well I was thinking back on my yeshiva experience and I came up with a list of things that i gained from that experience:

-regained a certain appreciation for religous jewish music, mostly from a spiritual perspective.

-realized i have to start learning about judaism from an academic perspective. I seriously have to read up on documentry hypothesis and all that other kfiera.

-the value of free food

-appreciate the lack of annoying roomates

-mainstream religious zionism scares me


(to be continued)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home