Archives

"On the banks of the rivers of New York, there we sat and there we cried as we remembered zion..." - The thoughts and theories of a returned yeshiva student after the "year".

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY, Israel

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Ok so sorry about that long hiatus, you see my dog ate my blogging material and so i needed about a week to come up with some new stuff. er uh kinda.

Well due to the naggings of Leo the T I've decided to post something about Tu B'av which is coming up this wednesday.

My question is why in all of my largely worthless Jewish education have I not learned a single thing about this magnificant day except from the blogosphere (well kinda). I suppose you'll say that it falls out during the summer and since we never had school then there was no time to learn about it. But lo and behold Tisha B'av is in the summer and through school, shul and camp I've managed to garner more than enough information about this very sad day.

So what about Tu'Bav? Do rabbis have something against meeting members of the opposite sex, probably. The response of course is to censor our knowledge of St. Valentines adventures with liberating those Beis Yaakovs (kinda).

Anyways I hereby declare the remainder of this week: Tu B'av Awareness Week. We must foster the fun back into judaism with lots of lustful coed events. Woohoo!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Hottentot Merfington said...

Interesting. As an educator, I'm curious-- how do you recommend that one celebrate Tu B'Av Awareness Week?

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Harold Morton, Staff Writer said...

Hottentot Merfington? What kind of a weird name is that?

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Flip Jenkins, Columnist said...

Yeah, seriously. What kind of name is that?

8:19 PM  
Blogger Exiled Yerushalmi said...

I seriously suggest you all either find a date or seriously see a shrink, even you LEO the T!!

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Leo said...

Hey, leave me out of this... I have nothing to do with their argument. Although seriously, that's a weird name.

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Hottentot said...

Is the date thing the answer of how to celebrate Tu B'Av?

8:28 PM  
Blogger Exiled Yerushalmi said...

indeed, my friend indeed
i figured ure multiple brains could figure that out

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Hottentot said...

And just so you all know, I'm named after my grandfather.

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Flip Jenkins, Columnist said...

Then your grandfather had a ridiculous name.

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Hottentot Merfington said...

Whatever, "Flip."

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home